Usually, the material cannot be cut through, which may be in the following situations.
Wrong focus distance / Material applicability / Laser power setting too low / Cutting speed too fast / Laser head out of order.
Test Items :
1. Make sure the focus is correct: When the focused probe is turned down, it should just touch the surface of the engraving material.
2. The material is not applicable for diode lasers:
- Transparent acrylic/glass needs to be painted black before engraving. (Unable to cut)
- For material with a thickness of more than 3mm, it is recommended to lower the focus height by 2-3mm after focusing with a focused probe.
- The material is not applicable for engraving with a diode laser; please refer to the laser material.
3. Laser power setting is too low / Cutting speed is too fast:
The wattage of the diode laser is smaller than the co2 laser. The power is recommended to be fully turned on at 100%, and the speed should be lower than 5mm/s when cutting.
4. Clean the focusing lens inside the laser head:
a. First of all, remove the laser protection shield.
b. Use a cotton swab to wipe the focusing lens inside the laser head with alcohol.
Please sign in to leave a comment.